Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year


The new year has begun; I really do like this time. With it I associate new beginnings, fresh outlooks and excited anticipation for what the next 12 months bring. On a blog I was reading the other day, a woman was saying she couldn't get into new years resolutions like she normally does. She was saying how she always comes up with resolutions and then the Lord has something totally different in mind for her, so she threw her hands up in the air. An interesting thought, and I believe it has a lot of truth.

The last few days a dear friend has been coming over and spending hour after hour (maybe 16 hours?)helping me organize our home! We went through all the books and organized them (you can see in the picture there are already 2 squares that look messy:), going through drawers, rearranging toys, etc... It has been a great way to start January; now I need to keep things in order!

We were fortunate to bring in January 1 with some friends who came over and brought everything but their kitchen sink! They brought lobster cakes, a ham, bread, veggies, cider, chocolates, crackers, dips. They completely spoiled us.

No comments: