Monday, June 30, 2008

My Absolute Favorite Photo


Of all the pictures taken over the past 6 weeks (which is quite a few!), I am putting this photo of Faustina's bathtime at week 3 in a frame on my dresser. I love this picture because every time I look at it, I am immediately transported back to May 20th at 2:27am in the morning when little Faustina was placed on my chest at St Joe's hospital; she looked at me with those eyes and said, "Hello, Mom! Here I am - I am the daughter who has been in your tummy the last nine months. I decided to come 2 weeks early!" And since then, Faustina had gazed up me with those same eyes (even though they changed from brown to a beautiful blue!), the same tilt of the neck, the same cute cheeks in such a gentle, serene way as we sit at church, as I rock her to sleep, when I am talking to Mike, or as she nurses. Although I have witnessed her face change, mature, and fill out as she grows, she still looks at me the same way. I can already see how it would be difficult to properly discipline children when they looks at a parent with such an innocent, inquisitive and loving gaze. I realize Faustina will probably be giving me these same looks the next 10-20 years as she grows up - but I plan on enjoying holding her in my arms while I can!

No comments: