Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July, 2008



Today, Mom and Dad got up early and went kayaking(sp?). We borrowed a friends kayak and hit Lake Calhoon. It was very serene. Dad also enjoyed how Mom made him a mocha prior to the trip.




We spent the afternoon at Wabun Park just over in Minneapolis near the Ford Plant. Grandpa grilled some baby-back ribs for us, and Uncle Travis, Granny, Betina, and Lizzia (both close, family friends) hung out.



Let me explain why I posted the photo of "Eazy-E"... We were rudely interrupted by a group near us blaring some serious hip-hop (I realize that serious is not a great adjective for hip-hop music). Grandpa asked them to turn it down, but they replied with thuggery. "Lord, purify my ears, so that I may listen to what is pure."



We spent the rest of the afternoon busy napping...
[more to come]

No comments: