Saturday, February 14, 2009

St. Jude, pray for us!


Saint Joseph

Saint Michael the Archangel

Saint Jude

I've been reminded recently of my namesakes: St. Michael the Archangel, St. Joseph, and St. Jude (my Confirmation name).

Not only have I been asking for prayers for Gail from St. Faustina, apostle of Divine Mercy, but those other great saints who have done much in my own life.

Here are some prayers, people! Please, through Christ, ask these saints for intercession for Gail to our Father in Heaven. Gratias vobis!

St. Jude Prayer
A Prayer to St. Jude Thaddeus


Most Holy Apostle, St. Jude Thaddeus, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of his enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors you, and I invoke you as the special advocate of those who are in trouble and almost without hope. Help me to realize that through our faith we triumph over life's difficulties by the power of Jesus who gave his life for us. Come to my assistance that I may receive the consolation and succor of heaven in all my needs, trials, and sufferings, particularly that Gail be healed and cancer free, and that I may praise God with you and all the saints forever.

St. Jude, apostle of the Word of God, pray for us.

St. Jude, follower of the Son of God, pray for us.

St. Jude, preacher of the love of God, pray for us.

St. Jude, intercessor before God, pray for us.

St. Jude, friend of all in need, pray for us.

St. Jude, pray for us, and all who invoke your aid.

Thank You Saint Jude for answering my prayers. Amen.

St. Michael Prayer

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Prayer to St. Joseph over 1900 years old
(offer this up for Gail, and re-devote yourself to God.)

O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my Thanksgiving and Homage to the most Loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the Kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen

(Say for nine consecutive mornings for anything you may desire. It has seldom been known to fail.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There are more St Jude Prayer in StJudeIntercession.com Site
You can post petition/thanksgiving there freely. God Bless