Monday, June 22, 2009

A day of preparation



Not preparation for the baby yet! That will come soon enough.

Today Mike and I spent a day doing various tasks preparing for the next few weeks: Mike worked on cars and I worked on packing camping equipment for our trip starting on Thursday! It was work but also areas that we enjoy: Mike likes cars and I like camping.

Mike cleaned up the Honda and took it to a dealership to see what we could possibly get for it. The time has come to look for....a minivan. Sigh. Big sigh. I am just not a fan of minivans. At all. Mike has been 'working' on me for, well, probably a few years now since he planted the seed awhile ago! ;) But I guess it will make sense with 2 kids and a need for more space. We are not in a big hurry which is nice, so we can take our time and look for a good deal. The Lord blessed us last year when we were able to sell our truck (which we LOVED) and found a good deal on this Honda.

I set up tents, tested the whisper light stove, gathered sleeping bags, thermorests, pots, pans, etc. for camping. I absolutely love camping. I love the fires, stars, waking up in a tent, sleeping on the ground, cooking over a tiny little gas stove on the dirt, reading a good book with a headlamp on your head, seeing more animals, exploring places I've never been. Even the smell of the tents bring me back to all the different trips I've been on. Since my two oldest brothers, John and Travis, went to college in California and my Dad had summers off being a teacher, our family took MANY roadtrips out there and they all involved camping. I am sure that is where I first came to love camping. Call me crazy or corny, I can't help but love it. Definitely many of my favorite memories growing up and in my young adult life have been camping. So I am excited to see how it goes with having a little baby along! She will certainly add a new twist!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are you guys going?