Friday, June 12, 2009

Trinity ties


On Tuesday I was privileged to have my former student and soccer player Mary Reinhardt come over and hang out with me and the kids for the morning. Although I keep fairly up to date on Trinity events through Mike teaching there, it is altogether another feat to keep tabs on how students and alumni are doing. I ran into Mary last weekend at Trinity and she said she'd like to stop by and say hello. Of course, I was thrilled!

Mary is now in the nursing program at the U of M, she lives in a household in dinkytown with around 30-40 (!) other young Christians, is involved in many different activities, and comes from a large family to keep up with. Ah, yes, college is such a unique time in life - certainly a busy and fun one.

One of the main aspects of teaching at Trinity I loved so much was forming good relationships with the girls. The Trinity lot of students is an intelligent, bright, and energetic group of kids and I was lucky to teach freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. As these highschool kids graduate and move on from Trinity, it is a blessing to form more of an 'adult' relationship with them as we become peers and often have a great deal in common.

Unfortunately, Isaac was having an unusually difficult day while Mary was here. She, however, is absolutely wonderful with kids and it didn't faze her.

Cheers to Trinity ties!

No comments: