Thursday, June 10, 2010

The great St. Paul get together

Where have we been? Well, Jude sleeps in the computer room, so it is becoming more and more difficult to use the computer when I want too! Room rearrangements are soon coming.

Most people have fond memories of the MN State Fair and are thrilled when the end of August comes. Well, I have always looked forward to the first Sunday in June for Grand Old Days! It continues to become bigger every year with people coming from all over, but I can be a bit snobbish and protective when I say it really is a St. Paul gathering. Growing up in St. Paul and living a mile away from Grand, I have fond memories of going since I was young. The most fun thing about it for me is that I knew and would run into so many people there!! People who live and people who grew up in St. Paul often end up sticking around.

This year was a bit different, and perhaps the most fun yet. We did not see many people we knew, but we went very early because of the kids schedules. The Como Zoo has all their ride equipment there and bring some animals and the kids can pet the animals, have pony rides, and use all the rides for free!

The other fun part is simply walking down grand, people watching, and going into different stores that are so familiar. We walked about 3 miles round trip as we went from Cleveland to Lexington and back . Jude and Faustina took especially long naps in the afternoon!



No comments: