Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Breaking the ice

There was no way that we were going to miss out on the beautiful morning today. We spent several hours outside enjoying the 55+ degree weather. It was perfect - especially with a winter coat on!

The gang was fully equipped and pretty excited to be outside; we've missed our second living room (the front yard!) this winter.

We brought out the bike, the balls, the lawnmower, etc. Before I knew it, Faustina threw her boots and socks off and was cruising down the sidewalk on her radio flyer. (The shoes didn't stay off long, but I don't really blame her. Who wants to ride a bike with boots on?)

Obviously, breaking the ice is one of the more fun things to do as spring time approaches. And the water puddles are perfect right now to jump on and crack the top layer of ice and then several inches of ice are below. We can enjoy breaking the ice now, and then as the weeks go on and ALL the snow melts, we'll have to get galoshes on for splashing in the puddles.








I love the different seasons! A person is always ready for the next season to enjoy, whatever it is. When I lived in Seattle, I missed the four seasons terribly. Of course, warm sunny weather can always be enjoyed, but I argue with my college California friend that MN weather gives us character! ;) We've endured quite the winter, here comes spring.

No comments: