Wednesday, June 15, 2011

We have a heartbeat!

That's right, we have baby Adkins #3 on the way and on Friday I was able to hear the little heartbeat which was quite exciting. December will be extra special this year with this little one due on Christmas day.

How do I feel? I, actually, feel wonderful - surprisingly. At the beginning, I was a bit worried about how life was going to treat me with baby on the way if I felt like I did with the other two kids (especially Faustina!). But, as it turns out, I hardly know I am pregnant and I feel great.

This spring I was beginning to wonder about a few things with my health after having had a few complications with Jude's birth (having had a DNC and going into the hospital since the placenta didn't deliver). So on the feast of St. Joseph (March 18th) I started a novena (a 9 day prayer) to Mary to figure a few things out. Well, my prayers were clearly answered as I found out I was expecting on Easter! It was a special blessing since the Lord had a lot in store for me this Lenten season. For me, it truly was a joyful Easter and I understood Lent, Holy Week, and Easter on a new level.

It is exciting to think what God has planned for this little one. It is no coincidence we found out about this little one on Easter and the baby is due on Christmas. It is neat to think that I can reflect on how Mary was carrying Jesus during these months leading up to Christmas. Faustina and Jude both had their own unique and special stories that the Lord was very much in charge of. Faustina came right away for us when we were ready for kids and she had perfect timing at the end of the school year. Spending the day with my Mom being in labor with her and the birth was one of the best experiences of my life. (Really! I know, most people think I am crazy when I say that.) We knew beyond any doubt Jude was a boy and he came just 3 weeks before Grandma died - and she was able to be at my homebirth with me! I know she did that for me even though she wasn't feeling great at that point. Jude brings us so much joy, what would we do without him? It will be fun to see the Lord's plan unfold for this little one.

No comments: