Thursday, November 3, 2011

Beautiful things

Every woman loves beautiful things. I know. But lately I have been obsessing over filling my eyes with images of beauty. It could be that I am in 'nesting mode' with the baby coming only weeks away from now and my belly seems to be growing daily. I want to do my best to get organized, cleaned up and be prepared. It could be that with little people running around the house creating chaos, any beauty quickly turns into...well, chaos. Or it could be this lovely time of year, probably my favorite, when the weather gets cooler and it is ideal to get a down blanket and cozy up with a cup of tea and a book, or a cup of tea to work on quilting. It is probably a combination of all of them.


I am especially prone to find things that I can create and give to people or hopefully hand down to kids as time goes on. I have found much inspiration lately! I'm not sure how much time or energy I'll have to be productive in the next few months, so sometimes flowers are all I need. :) These are from dear husband for my birthday and anniversary.

I am excited about this quilting book I received from my SIL. The quilts, material, inspiration are overwhelming! I'd like to imitate this purple one for Faustina and the patchwork blue and yellow looks like it could be for Jude.




I got this gorgeous yarn in the mail from my brother in Madison and can't wait to figure what to do with it.

I also am very excited about this wonderful cookbook I received from my SIL! It is one of those 'healthy' ones. But I love this stuff and I every so often need inspiration to get back on track with eating and preparing food the way I really want to for our family.


Cheers to fall time in MN! Thankfully, there still a good number of trees that are full of colorful leaves.

No comments: