Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A little tease

Well, this baby number three of ours is certainly keeping us (me especially!) on our toes. S/he already is playing psychological games with me. I was sure this little one was going to have a grand debut last Friday night. I had about 3 hours of serious contractions, my bags packed for the hospital. And then - everything stopped.

Now, yes, the 'official' due date is the 25th of this month. Still a few weeks away, right? Yes, well, since both Faustina and Jude were early, I have been ready for this one to follow that same pattern. Faustina was 11 days early and Jude 13 days early which would be either tomorrow or yesterday if this baby would follow suit. I have been laying pretty low around the house with the constant (good) feeling of anticipation. Meanwhile, the baby does not stop kicking, moving around, poking or punching me. This one is by far the most active in utero.

This baby is the family tie breaker - will the males or females be in majority? Although we have thought it likely for this baby to be a little guy, I really am curious to know whether this one is a boy or girl. Either way, we don't have a name, so that will end up being another surprise for us.

Although I continue to have many contractions, who knows the timing of this one. Maybe if I just keep eating a ton of food like I have been, there will literally be no room left in there and s/he will just have to pop out.....?! 'Tis the season for excitement!

Faustina Elaine 5lbs 5 oz

Jude Michael 7lbs 3oz

No comments: