Thursday, February 9, 2012

My little opossum

I'm starting to call Benedict my little opossum because this is his favorite position.

He likes to be on his tummy on my arm. I feel like my arm is a tree branch and he is hanging on like a opossum. Usually I just hold him on one arm and carry him around like a football; often he wraps his arms tightly around my arm and it seems like if I let go of him he would hang there all by himself!

This little guy is more of a baby now than an infant - he is not so fragile anymore. His is getting bigger each day, getting longer, and he is now smiling!

Actually he started smiling noticeably a few days before his baptism. I thought babies didn't smile until they were at least a few months old - but this little guy's smiling response to our silly baby talk is undeniable.

Here is crazy man Jude with his brother Benedict on the day of Benedict's baptism. Jude is doing one of his 'funny' faces and this is one of Benedict's first times smiling.

No comments: