Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Rule sheets

My dear husband is a designer at heart. This is one of the things I love about him and I didn't even know it until after we married!

So, he put together the new Rule Sheets for Faustina and Jude. We have been having some 'special' times (mainly) with our eldest - the black and white lines had to be drawn. Faustina loves looking at her 'responsibility' sheet and we read it every morning to remind us of what is acceptable and unacceptable behavior.

It has helped quite a bit. There still have been many tantrums, but we now have clear rules and clear consequences. I actually have taken out some parenting books that were given to me years ago but I have yet to crack them open. I am amazed at how children have such a sense of justice. Faustina is accepting of her punishments even though she may not like them. She even has thanked me for punishing her!

I am quite confident that this is only a phase our young daughter is going through. It may be a long phase, but I trust it will be conquered as she matures. Unfortunately, both Mike and I clearly recall being very (and me especially very ) difficult for our parents at times. She is only three years old, I must remind myself and she is growing at a rapid rate. After 2 different highly explosive tantrums this week, she took 4 hour naps.

Her strong will, determination, her perseverance are all good qualities, they simply need to be trained and channeled!

Oh, what an opportunity for us all to grow in virtue - especially parents!

No comments: