Thursday, March 22, 2012

102.9

One of my favorite things is driving in the springtime with the windows rolled down and listening to the radio blasting. I love it, I always have ever since I learned to drive (the only thing that could make it better is driving a smaller car with a stick shift instead of a 'soccer mom' minivan!).


And my newest love?...the radio station 102.9 - country music!

It is awesome.

I don't know what was wrong with me, but I never liked it in the past. I have a close college friend and she always loved it and I just could not understand it. The twangy voices, the cliche' lyrics, cheesy story lines - really, come on.

And now - I love it. It took all the other junky radio stations to force me to revisit trying to like country music. And now I am hooked. Who wouldn't want to hear about how much a man loves 'his woman', hearing about a sitting around drinking a 24 pack in the fields and writing love songs, going on the road for a trip on the motorcycle, and the list is endless - the lyrics actually do have a story behind them, instead of trashy ghetto lyrics like many songs on other stations.

Anyway, I am coming out of the car lately a newly inspired woman with a zeal for life with the unbelievably warm March weather combined with country music!

No comments: