Saturday, September 15, 2012

Yesterday

This is a random picture of Mom, but this is how I think of her.

Yesterday marked the 3 anniversary of losing Mom. Overall, it was good day. I took Benedict out to the cemetery. Lizzia had left 10 gorgeous yellow roses for Mom. We had a picnic at Wabun with Tonka Toasts and then watched a movie afterwards.

Of course, there are so many thoughts and memories that flood my mind on such a day. As I tried earlier to write some of them out, they all sound really cliche.

I guess the main thought that I constantly hang on to is: I am so thankful for Mom. I am so grateful for her genuine, selfless love she constantly gave our family. I am so thankful for the sincere, honest person she was. For the example she was as a mother and wife. I am so thankful for all her prayers she offered up for her husband, kids, friends and extended family - because they all mattered.

I distinctly remember when I was about 7 years old being in the basement with Mom while she was washing clothes. She told me she always wanted to have a bigger family. She told me if I wanted to have 12 kids, she would be there to help me every step of the way! Now - we have no intention of having that big of a family; but I can honestly say she is holding true to her promise of helping me raise a family. I think of her hourly as I take care of the three young kids, try to be a good mother, cook food, clean up house, knit, quilt, work outside, spend time with friends. She is my constant example of what a good mother is - and for that reason, I really do think of her all the time! It is not a sad recollection, she is an inspiration and in that way she lifts me up all the time.

I miss you Mom!

No comments: