Monday, December 3, 2012

Another hello!

Yes, I have a little babe on the way! And in late April or early May, we will be welcoming our new little person into the world. We are very excited!

This is not exactly 'news' since I pretty much halfway through with the pregnancy and most family and friends know - but I haven't put it on the blog since I haven't been doing much with it lately.

During August, I started craving super hot spicy food. My teeth hurt and felt like they were going to fall out (really, they did). I was going to Lifetime to work out and my sit-ups were not working to reduce any last bits of the enormous belly I had with Benedict. I started wondering..."Could I be....??? Noooooo....there is no way. I'm not mentally ready for that, I'm still nursing, etc. there is no way."

The second week in September I was out with a friend one night and we stopped by the dollar store to pick up a dollar test. I came home, took the test, and sure enough....I got a strong positive sign back! I showed Mike (who was taken by surprise to say the least).

Within 10 minutes, I got in the car and headed out to the cemetery to visit my Mom and have a prayer time. I did not know how I was going to do this with 3 other young children, feeling a bit overwhelmed with several things in life, Benedict was still small and we were watching his health and using the nebulizer twice a day, our house was not going to sell after having been on the market and all the work we put into getting it ready, Benedict was so small and I didn't feel like I had much help - in other words I missed my Mom, and the list seemed to go on! At the cemetery, I gained a sense of peace, purpose, and comfort knowing that this was the Lord's will. Thank goodness, and thanks to my dear Mother for her intercession.

I must admit, the month of September was challenging since Benedict was waking up many times a night still. Quickly, I started to feel very pregnant, and very sick, and very tired. We put Benedict on the bottle and that helped his sleeping problem. But, I did continue to have a lot of morning sickness throughout the next couple months. Mike basically was taking care of the house, providing meals for us, taking care of the kids when he was around, and going to work! Although it was hard, I knew that period in time would pass, and, thankfully, it has.

We are thrilled to have a spring baby on the way and can't wait to meet our new little dynamic! Although, the spring seems like forever away, somehow, the months do fly by.

No comments: