Friday, December 21, 2012

Little babe at 21 weeks

One of my favorite parts of the nine months of pregnancy is the 20 week ultrasound. This morning we were able to see our little munchkin moving all over the place on the ultrasound screen. Faustina enjoyed seeing the images and was pretty good during the appointment. Jude didn't really care, but had more fun playing with the curtain by the door. This baby is an active one and I can feel him (although we don't know the gender) swimming all over the place. Right now the baby is in a breach position, so hopefully that changes by the time May comes around. Each one of the ultrasounds are quite vivid in my mind for me: Faustina was the first, my Mom went to Jude's with me, for Benedict's we had an especially fun technician, and for this one all the kids were with us and the pictures seemed especially clear. I don't remember seeing the other babies eyes so obviously! Perhaps this baby will have big eyes, because he or she seemed to be looking right at us!
Here is a picture of looking at our babe straight on. You can see his left eye especially, nose and mouth. His left arm is by is big round tummy.

Here is a profile view. You can see the baby's head profile and his little hands & fingers by his face. His little legs are curled up by his chest. He was busy sucking his fingers for part of the ultrasound.

A frontal view of his face, my what big eyes you have!

No comments: