Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Faustina is 1!




Tomorrow is Faustina's actually birthday, but Saturday we had a big birthday bash at the Adkins' household to celebrate her first year and we had a great time! We had family and friends over to enjoy food and each others' company. As Mike has been saying, Faustina has more friends than we do! Grandma made an outstanding bunny cake for Faustina (apparently this is the same one she made me when I turned 1). The best part was that there were so many young kids, I actually counted: 15 kids under the age of 5 (plus 3 in utero!). Good food, good conversation, not much more you can ask for. Faustina was spoiled with books, cute clothes, toys, cards, divine mercy rosary and more. Here is a picture of 2 homemade gifts that were especially neat, a cable-knit jacket that Emily made and a classic 'lawn-mower' wooden toy that Grandpa made. I wish I had more pictures of the actual party - but in the middle of the chaos of course I couldn't find our camera! Alas. Happy Birthday Faustina!

No comments: