Thursday, September 3, 2009

Teresa of Avila



This past week I have been spending nights with my Mom while my Dad works security at the State Fair. Mom is doing well although everyday has its own 'twist' if you will. We do not know what the Lord is up to, but we continue to pray that the Lord's will be done and that she is healed.

Mom and I watched a movie series on Teresa of Avila which is about 9 hours. She endured tremendous suffering and was truly an unbelievable woman. It is refreshing to learn about the saints; they are men and women of character who choose to give everything to God, and he uses them in miraculous ways. They are not 'perfect' people by any means, but they are fortified in their faith and have a courage that is sometimes hard to believe. Teresa lived during the 16th century in Spain and was a controversial figure; people either loved or hated her. She definitely had an edge to her and had a will of steal. Lord, use our own gifts to always glorify your name.

1 comment:

Jenni Maas said...

Hi Cynthia and Mike,
I trust ya'll picked up your toy keys? If not, my Leopold has hidden them good: )
Another quick note, if you get this before Noonish Saturday, Sept. 5th - my mother is having a garage sale in Roseville - 1184 Ruggles and there should be a good amount of 9 month and under boy clothes from my sister in law. I bet there will be a good amount of girl clothes too from her 3 year old. It's a one day only sale 7:30am -2:30pm.
All the best to you, Just a quick note that the image you posted with the beautiful blog entry on Theresa of Avila was the OTHER St. Therese of Lisieux. : ) - I hope to catch that 9 hour series sometime.