Monday, August 2, 2010

The monument is up


A little over a week ago, Mom's monument was put in place at Resurrection cemetery. It really is beautiful. I love the quote from Romans 8:28, and I especially love that Mom and Dad's name is written in Mom's handwriting. The monument has her signature. She had such gorgeous handwriting that it adds an artistic touch to the monument.

These pictures are from a week ago when I went out there with the kids, but this past Saturday morning we had a family and friends gathering at the cemetery to honor Mom and be together. There were about 25 people present; Grandma Saunders and Debbie Binde drove down to be with us which was very special. Grandpa bought helium balloons and the grandkids let them go. I lost it and spent much of the time in tears; I guess I was not totally surprised, it has been several months since I have had those emotions come out. I suppose it is a good and fine thing to happen. I miss her terribly and as I sit here the tears come very easily! I know it will always be the case that I miss her so much; people say that as time goes on, the tears become less and less. We'll see. It is quite peaceful out at Resurrection and I hope to go there frequently, especially now that the monument is here.

No comments: