Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wondering Faustina

Mike and I are not sure how much Faustina remembers of Grandma Lee, if any. But Faustina is making some connections; if I ever seem sad to her, she asks me if I am missing Grandma.

While we were in the car this afternoon, out of the blue, she initiated a conversation about Grandma Lee.

Faustina: Momma,I want to go to Grandma's house
Me: Do you mean Grandpa's? He is not there, he is gone deer hunting.
Faustina: Nooo! I want to go to Grandma's. (she made it very clear)
Me: Well, Faustina we all miss Grandma; but we trust and believe she is in Heaven now.
Faustina: Is heaven God's house? (what - did she really just ask that?)
Me: Yes, it is.
Faustina: I want to go to heaven to see Grandma and God.
Me: We can see God here on earth too. But if we serve and love God during our lives, someday we can go to heaven like Grandma.
Faustina: Oh.Okay.

Fascinating what our children are processing.

No comments: