Monday, November 29, 2010

No Life 'Till Leather

Doing some cleaning in the basement...

I found a bunch of my old stuff from high school and college.


The moment brought to the fore an opportunity to reflect upon the past. I did some some serious thinking about the great existential questions of life. For instance, I wonder if posters are "cool" anymore. I suppose teens put posters up on their stupid, fake Facebook "walls" now.

At any rate, the posters are amusing and are a reach back into the past when I had some different (and possibly cooler) priorities: metal, movies, soccer, alcoholic beverages, etc.

Here's a shot of some of the posters. Hmmm... I see some important faces and images of our modern times:


Bono of U2

er, um... some bottled beer

Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery

David Seaman (nice 'stash on the English 'keeper!)

Eddie Van Halen

some crazy Pink Floyd picture

the Led Zeppelin angel-looking-guy

Jimi Hendrix

Diego Maradona, Argentinian soccer star and cocaine addict

Jim Morrison of the Doors

Jason Newsted, formerly of the formerly great band, Metallica

The Super Fans

Vic Rattlehead (Megadeth's perennial mascot)... maybe I should hang this in Jude's room... maybe not.

a vodka shot????

Tony Meola, goalkeeper for '94 U.S. World Cup team

Manchester United's logo (British Premier League Soccer)

Kiss (just pause on this for a moment... chest hair and full make-up: Zen)

uhhh: The Stairway to Heaven (black-light edition)

The 1998 Apple Valley Eagles State Championship Soccer team... of which I was not the star goalkeeper because I broke my thumb (that idiot in the front row-his fault!)

And most importantly:

The great Ringo Starr

Some of the most important figures of our time, really. Hegel was right, was he not? We are truly living in the greatest age of man.

Back to deeper thoughts...
My priorities are different now and I ponder if maybe I can have a little of both worlds. For instance, could my Honda Odyssey minivan allow me to channel some of "the good ol' days"?????? Odyssey offers practical features, safety for the kids, and...

No comments: