Saturday, December 4, 2010

Project time

Over Thanksgiving break and this past week, we have been heavy into projects here at the house. For the past, well, 4 years, I guess (where did time go?!) we have been meaning to get all of our floor boards in, finish some floor work by our front entry way, and finish our stairs. Mike also hung some nice doors in the basement. We are almost there! Mike is mostly done with the floor boards, the front entry way got done this week and the stairs are on deck for this coming week. It will be a breath of fresh air to have these things done, and we will be happy with the way the house is. Of course there are always new ideas and things that could be done, but nothing necessary or pressing. Owning a home is always an ongoing project!



While our floor was being stained, we spent three days at Grandpa Lee's. It was almost a mini vacation for me as I mostly sat by the fireplace (we depleted a good portion of Grandpa's firewood) and I worked on my knitting projects for the my brother, Aaron's family.

No comments: