Friday, January 27, 2012

Coming out of the fog

For the last 2 months I have basically felt like this:


I wish I looked and felt as heavenly as this picture:

This is a normal morning at home as Faustina is eating cereal. She simply cannot get enough of her dresses. Auntie found this beautiful dress for a few dollars for Faustina.

Just now I am starting to come out of a 'having a newborn' fog and starting to feel that perhaps I remember what it is like to be a normal person again. People have been so helpful and generous - we are so very grateful. Life is busy here with day to day activities. I am in the stage that there is always much to do around the house, but my hands are full with - Benedict!

Jude and Faustina are good; just a few days ago I was thinking to myself how yes, they still are toddlers, but they seem more and more like young kids each day. There certainly is a difference. The few months before Benedict was born, Faustina and Jude were unusually difficult and would act up at the drop of the hat. They knew some change was quickly coming as Mom's tummy grew. Now, after Benedict was born, they have returned to themselves and actually are even easier than before - fascinating!

As I think about life moving forward and the fact the kids are so young and close, Benedict's face captures a fleeting thought:


But I take each day as it comes and it all turns out. I am getting plenty of sleep at night which is incredibly helpful.

No comments: