Thursday, March 26, 2009

4 Sleeping Babies







Today is my second day of having 4 under 1. That is four babies that I am taking care of under 1 year (actually Isaac's first birthday is this week). Yes. I know, most people think I am crazy; that may be partly true.

Aidric Axvig is the new guy in the house and he is just the sweetest little guy. He is a very good baby and his cries usually have a reason and can be taken care of. He is 2 months and I'll start taking care of him full time April 20th. His Dad works at Trinity so he will drop Aidric off in the morning, and then Mike & Matt can carpool to school together which is convenient.

Right now, as I speak, all four babies are fast asleep; I am a bit in awe and am savoring it. I, however, don't expect it to last too long.

Tuesday I had a sharp learning curve with so many little people around and there were definitely a few moments when more than one baby was crying. Perhaps this is the reason why God gave me such a laid-back, phlegmatic temperament. :) Both Mike and I asleep that night at 7:30pm; he got up later, and I just went to bed for the night!

Nonetheless, it is fun to see the kids interact with each other; Faustina and Isaac love the two little babies. Maybe a little too much sometimes when they really like to touch the babies faces! I like a phrase a friend used when I got married, having little people around will be our 'new normal'.

No comments: