Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Zoo

On Tuesday we ventured out to the Minnesota Zoo. Monday-Wednesday of this week I only had Ella and Faustina so I felt as free as a bird to go out and do activities, especially with the nicer weather.



The Zoo is such an absolutely fascinating place. Seeing the beauty of the different animals, their habitat, watching them interact, seeing the diversity in the species, and even marveling at how strange some of the animals appear at first glace truly is breath taking. You know there is a God when you witness such magnificence and creativity.



I don't remember the last time I'd been to the MN zoo, but it had been a loooonnng time. In fact, I think the last time I was there was my 7th grade field trip. Of course, going with all your close friends in school is all fun at that age (well, any age I guess). I landed myself a 30 minute detention as a group of us girls were looking at the fish in the aquarium and I said really loud, "Look at its tes-" well, instead of saying tentacles, I said a word that sounds like it and happens to be quite inappropriate; and the thing is, I honestly did not know the definition of the word I did say! 7th grade innocence. Everyone else thought it was pretty funny and I definitely turned red when I learned what I had said. One of those embarrassing moments.

Anyway, we went with our friends the Grams and had a great time. I cannot wait to go again when the weather is even a bit warmer out. Faustina stared at the animals a lot, but she is just figuring stuff out. It will be fun to go with her as she is more and more aware.

No comments: