Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yuk



My first major mistake with diapers and poop happened on Thursday. And it was disgusting.

I am in a bad habit of changing a kid's diaper and then placing it directly to my left on the top of Faustina's crib. Then, of course, I am suppose to take the dirty diaper to the diaper pail. Otherwise, Faustina can reach the diaper while she is in her crib, or the dirty diaper just stinks up the room.

Well, on Thursday the diaper didn't make it to the pail. I changed Ella's poopy diaper which was absolutely nasty and then rushed to the living room where 2 other babies were crying; I forgot the diaper.

I put Faustina down for a nap and I could hear her happily playing in her crib for quite awhile. After 15 minutes I went to check on her and she leaped up in the air and laughed when I opened the door which made me laugh aloud UNTIL I smell a lot of poop and look more closely in the crib.

Faustina was COVERED in poop.

And I mean covered. Poop was in her hair, by her mouth (yes, I am sure she did a taste test), behind her ears, around her eyes, on her teddy bear, on her blanket, all over the crib bumper, all over the crib wood. It was nasty.

I immediately took her to give her a bath. I could only laugh at myself because it was my fault and of course she took the natural course of action - to play with a fun poopy diaper. And in one sense....although sad, it struck my funny bone when I said aloud to her, "Faustina, do you realize you have POOP all over your FACE!" And then she looked at me with her big eyes and smiled. What are you going to do.

Nevertheless, I spent the next hour cleaning up; thank goodness it cleaned up well! I will not make that mistake again.

No comments: