Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sold


I am continually learning new things about my dear husband and the newest thing is that he should be a car salesman. In fact, he is an car salesman for fun. Last May as I was in labor with Faustina (literally, the deal was taking place in our house as I was having contractions in the next room) Mike sold our beloved Avalanche truck using Craig's List. (Today we still look fondly at any avalanches we see on the road. Afterall, he proposed to me in it! :)) Today, after a one year rendezvous with the 'funkykomadina' as it came to be called, he sold our Honda Element. He got his asking price in both cases and did it fairly quickly! Mike's father worked for Ford long ago, his father thoroughly enjoys cars, and Mike has adopted some strain of endearment for cars. Mike keeps our vehicles in immaculate condition on the inside and outside and thus he is able to sell them when the time is right - not to mention that he really is good at talking to people and selling the vehicle. As much as I have resisted, he has convinced me that it is time for a minivan, and thus the hunt is on for a the right price, model and year of a Honda Odyssey. Another chapter is beginning as our family grows and the minivan enters the driveway!

No comments: