Thursday, May 20, 2010

The graduate


Another chapter is done in the Adkins' lives. Mike is officially finished with his MA in Catholic Studies at St. Thomas University! Hooray!

We are so thankful that Mike was able to spend these last three years immersed in this program. He met many new people, wonderful professors, he made several new lasting relationships, and of course he learned SO much. For me, it is bittersweet for him to be done. I loved when Mike would come home from classes and we would sit sometimes for another couple hours while Mike reiterated his class to me and we would discuss the material. I was lucky to learn so much through his program! I also associate his masters program with the time that we were married, we both worked at Trinity, and both Faustina and Jude were born! We are now into a new stage with Mike at a new job, me staying home with the kids, and the kids getting older.

Last night Mike presented his thesis to a group of professors, students, family and friends. It went well; the work of finishing off his thesis was Mike's biggest challenge since he has been so busy with family and work. Perhaps, Mike would have liked to have spent a bit more time on this project, but everything went fine and he is done. Last night I was so proud of seeing him explaining his thesis and finishing the last leg of his journey. Good work my dear husband!

No comments: