Monday, May 24, 2010

Little Miss Independent

Grandma and Grandma called Faustina 'Little Miss Petite' when she was born. Well, now she is Miss Independent. I hear "I'll do it!!" at least 100 times a day. No exaggeration.

She wants to pick out her own clothes to wear, dress herself, when helping her with the potty she will have none of it, when I am changing Jude she tries to push me aside and says "I'll do it!", she refuses any help in understanding how toys work: "I'll do it!", she wants to work in the garden by herself, she 'cleans up' and yells 'I'm doing it!' as she imitates Mike and me.

She is so adamant about being in charge that we are at the point that I can't read a book to her. She'll sit on my lap, we'll start a book and then 2 pages in she'll start yelling, "I'll do it! I'll read the book, Mama." And she turns the pages and talks about the pictures and shuts me down if I read any words.

I'm glad she wants to learn and be independent....we'll just have to channel this energy in the right direction...!

No comments: