Sunday, October 19, 2008

House Projects Before the Snow Flies

Mike spent Friday and Saturday morning of his MEA break tearing of the shingles of our neighbors garage and putting new shingles on. He had good weather and the job went smoothly. No accidents, injuries, perhaps only a bit of soreness. If anyone needs a roof redone - you know who to call! ;)



Also, my parents are repainting and putting new shakes on their house which was built in 1912. A BIG project and it will look great when it is done. Travis and I have been going over to their place for the past four weeks or so to scrape, sand, wash, prime and paint the wood siding. Grandma thoroughly enjoys taking care of Faustina while I am painting outside. Faustina also found a new friend in my parent's dog, Wallace as he lays on her feet and keeps her warm. Old houses - MAN is there a lot of upkeep. Well, I guess any house has plenty of work that comes along with it!




No comments: