Thursday, October 30, 2008

An Unbeatable Day for a Ride


I was so excited about the weather today I could hardly contain myself. Late morning I dressed the babies to be outside and buckled them up in the Burley. They LOVED it. Isaac was having a bit of a difficult morning at the point when I decided to take them for the bike ride. As soon as we stepped outside he was silent and looking around everywhere. He was happy the entire rest of the day - he must have known how wonderful the weather was and wanted to go outside! We biked along Mississippi Blvd and I was marveling at Minnesota mystery weather. One just never knows what October/November will bring you. In years past I have been especially keen to the elements this time of the year because usually I am finishing up some sort of soccer season. I was thinking about October 30th 1999 when my Gustavus soccer team had a home game against Wheaton College. We had got something like 6 inches of snow the night before and we weren't sure if we would have the game. Well, we DID play after they PLOWED the snow off the soccer field and we played on a pristine green field surrounded by snow! It was pretty fun (and by the way we won a close game ;). Anyway, as frequently happens, our bike ride ended us at Grandma and Grandpa's.

Grandma and Grandpa had Henry and Liam over, and Travis was painting the house. We enjoyed Widmer's hotdogs cooked over the fire outside and sat to eat on the deck basking in the perfect weather.


Around 1:30 it soon became clear from Faustina rubbing her eyes that it was time to go home for naps. And of course they both fell asleep on the way home.

I hope tomorrow brings us similar weather. :)

No comments: