Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A New Addition to Daily Life

Yesterday Faustina and I welcomed little Isaac Banner to our daily routine. Or at least to our day, since we don't really have much of a routine! Since Isaac is 6 months, he and Faustina have a lot in common and are at pretty much the same place in development. Here in this video they are shaking hands making a pact to be friends.

Today we went for a walk which they both enjoyed and I got exercize with Faustina strapped on me and Isaac in the stroller. It's fun to watch the leaves blowing all over Mississippi Blvd this time of year. I have been reading a book by the title, "Full of Grace" during prayer times and at adoration. The book is about motherhood and one of its main points is that mothers are the source of life. It may sound obvious that mothers are a source of life - but as I reflected on it I am amazed at all different kinds of life such as bearing children, creating social networks, being a homemaker, and little acts of love toward husband, children and friends. To be a source of life takes TIME which is often something people covet. Being a mother is new to me and there are many things to learn! I am blessed I am surrounded by many good role models. Isaac certainly will bring life to the Adkins house and we look forward to spending this year with him.

No comments: