Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkins

It is my least favorite 'holiday' - it is lame that anyone would even call it a holiday. In the past, friends have always been annoyed with me for this - but I just have to say I think it is so dumb. I have never liked Halloween, ever, even growing up I dreaded it. I don't like dressing up, ghosts, goblins, scary witches, costumes, Halloween hype in general. (I will admit, however, babies/toddlers are pretty cute in some of their outfits!) But I think people often underestimate or forget the reality of the unseen in our world. There are angels around us, guardian angels projecting us daily; and there are also evil spirits in the world fighting for our attention and our hearts. I have no desire to see the 'ugly' side come out on Halloween.

I looked outside our front door this afternoon and our pumpkin caught my eye. With Lauryn, Ben, Isaac, and Faustina at the house today I knew I had to get outside a bit. So we carved the pumpkin! That is about all I can contribute to Halloween this year. But Happy All Saints Day tomorrow!

1 comment:

alee said...

That is the best reason for Halloween.... to Remind us of all the unseen spirits good and bad.

I see a lot of you in Faustina based on the pictures, but I reserve judgement for a in person visit.

hope all is well.

see you this weekend--aaron