Tuesday, October 20, 2009

3 years down and 72 to go....

that is, if we take after my great aunt Ann and uncle Otto. A few days ago I found a newspaper article at my parents place about how Ann and Otto were celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary! They were both in the mid-nineties and they had been married for 75 years; then they died within 6 months of each other. They told the news reporter that they fell asleep every night holding hands in bed and then they woke up that way! They said they still tried to kiss a lot in public so people knew they loved each other. The reporter asked what their 'secret' to marriage was. Ann said, 'there is no secret if you know how to be good to another person.' Sounds pretty simple!

Happy Anniversary dear Husband - I hope we can be married another 72 years. :) A lot can happen in three years, just look at our cute kids; I can't imagine all that can happen in 75 years of marriage!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary Mike and Cynthia!