Friday, October 9, 2009

Guardian Angels


To be honest, I don't know much about the origin or history of this image. I only know that I am attached to it because my parents always had it hanging in the hallway next to my bedroom. Even though the children don't realize it, their Guardian Angel is looking after them and they are safe.

Right when my Mother passed away, I had a fear that I would forget her, her mannerisms, her voice, way of looking at me, things she said, everything. I have found, however, that in the last couple weeks I have been absolutely flooded with memories of Mom. One of those memories was she always said the Guardian Angel prayer with me before going to bed and then my Dad usually stayed with me and told me a story from his own childhood which I loved. I am convinced that the Lord heard all the times I said this prayer as a child and kept me safe through troublesome situations when I was older. It is a simple prayer and I'm starting to say it with Faustina before she goes to bed.

Angel of God, my Guardian Dear
to whom God's love commits me here.
Ever this day be at my side
to light and guard and rule and guide.
Amen.

No comments: